The world leading magazine of heavy lifting and transport equipment for construction, energy, maritime and industry

Vinci Airports to Acquire Majority Stake in Edinburgh Airport

Rate this post

Vinci Airports, a subsidiary of Vinci Concessions, has inked a deal to purchase a 50.01% stake in Edinburgh Airport Limited, the entity behind Edinburgh Airport, for approximately £1.27 billion. The acquisition, slated for completion in Summer 2024 pending regulatory approvals, will see Global Infrastructure Partners (GIP) retain the remaining 49.99% ownership, having owned the airport since 2012.

This move signifies a significant milestone in the ongoing strategic collaboration between Vinci Airports and GIP, which began in 2019 with Vinci Airports’ majority stake acquisition in London Gatwick Airport.

Edinburgh Airport, boasting a 2023 revenue of GBP 272 million and an impressive EBITDA margin of 65%, will be fully integrated into the Vinci Group’s accounts. Leveraging its extensive global airport expertise, Vinci Airports aims to enhance both the aeronautical and non-aeronautical aspects of Edinburgh Airport, particularly in retail, by introducing new routes and investing further. Additionally, Vinci Airports will employ its environmental proficiency to bolster the airport’s already exemplary ESG performance.

The existing management team at Edinburgh Airport will continue to lead the company, joining Vinci Airports’ global network. This strategic acquisition aligns seamlessly with Vinci Airports’ overarching development strategy, solidifying its presence in Scotland’s aviation landscape.

Share This Post:

more News To Explore about Transport