The Polish site of Goleniów, which hosts the manufacturing plant of Faymonville MAX trailers, has been extended to reach a production surface of 40 000 square meters. It is a part of Faymonville’s five production sites.
During the press conference held at this year’s IAA exhibition in Hannover, Wielton Group, the Polish manufacturer of semi-trailers, trailers and bodies, has announced the acquisition of the English company Lawrence David. In the first stage of the transaction, the Group will acquire 75% of its shares, with the remaining 25% within the next 4 years. The transaction was valued at GBP 26 million and will increase Wielton Group’s sales to approximately 20,000 vehicles a year.
Lawrence David is a British manufacturer of transport solutions with over 45 years of experience and a total capacity of approx. 23,000 vehicles a year.
“Thanks to the acquisition of Lawrence David, the Wielton Group is entering a stable and receptive market. For us, this acquisition is an opportunity to enrich the Group’s offer with the company’s unique products. Particularly noteworthy are the products from the last mile/home delivery line, which are widely used in the FMCG industry and the rapidly growing e-commerce sector. Another interesting product are the pillar-less curtain trailers that allow more efficient loading and faster transport. We expect that on more demanding markets, this product may partially replace traditional semi-trailers,” said Mariusz Golec, CEO of the Wielton Group.
DCT Gdansk, Poland’s largest container terminal, has surpassed the handling of 9 million TEU since its opening 10 years ago.
With 1.3 km of deep-water quay-line, 11 STS cranes handles over 460 vessels per year. In 2017, DCT Gdansk was ranked as the 16th largest port in Europe with 1.6 million TEUs processed.
“The DCT terminal that we see today, is the product of constant investment year after year to create a true gateway to the world for Poland,” said Cameron Thorpe, of DCT Gdansk SA.
The English transport company ALS has participated in the project to transport 1,185 wagons from Poland to Saudi Arabia. The cargo, was divided into three types of wagons with dimensions of L:14.35 m x W:3.20 m x H: 4.50 m for a weight of 30 t each. They were transported by rail from the Polish factory to the port of Gdansk before making the trip by sea to Saudi Arabia. Arriving at Dammam, the wagons were loaded via a ramp onto specially prepared roll trailers with embedded rails, then lashed and secured for the sailing to their final destination. The entire project lasted 20 months.